Don’t miss out on customers because you’re too busy working
Get a website that works with and for your business
What does a small business website and a puppy have in common?
- Attract the right kinds of people
- Capture attention and initiate conversations
- Help people feel at ease
My dachie’s not on offer, but I do work hard to create small business website packages that are affordable and effective!
Now I don’t tell you this to scare you,
But rather, to shield you from the danger that’s out there...
Most small businesses don’t realise that the many web designers in Australia:
❌ Only include the website design, not the words or the SEO
❌ Take 6+ months to get your website up and running
❌ Don’t teach you how to use or make changes to your website
❌ Charge you ongoing fees for automated tasks
❌ Outsource the work, often internationally
So if you’re looking for a small business website package that includes:
✅ A one-month turnaround time from start to finish
✅ The web design, website copy, and getting you found on Google
✅ 3 months free support as you learn how to use your website
✅ All the work completed by one person who you personally know and trust
Then your search is over.
I’m your small business wizard!
Yes, absolutely. Your website is here to save you time and generate an income for you while you’re busy ‘doing the work.’
Your website will take much of the boring, time-consuming work off your plate, while making the parts you need to be able to do more efficient.
I include 3 months of support for when you first learn to do new things on your website. You don’t need to figure it out by yourself. You just book an evening call with me and I’ll walk you through it, step by step. It usually only takes that call and you’re good to DIY the next time around.
Search Engine Optimisation is what helps Google understand your website and suggest it when someone is searching online for a business like yours.
Firstly, your website has to be indexed (lots of DIY websites come unstuck here). But this is only going to help people find your website when they search it by name.
You want your website to be found by people looking for something LIKE what you have to offer. I’ll take care of your foundation SEO and give you some advice around maintaining that moving forward.
To give you the super short version, SEO is much more than keywords, it’s also about how well a website functions, and how people interact with your website. It’s a lot of technical work (as in, 100+ touch points per page of your website).
Because of that, it’s hard to separate web design and copy from SEO. That’s why I offer the lot together.
My recommendations vary with what my clients need. Different website platforms exist for different purposes, and if you’ve done any looking, you’ll know that the options are pretty overwhelming.
- For portfolio websites that want to prioritise a beautiful website, Showit’s the place to be.
- If you have an online shop or want to release a course, I recommend Wix.
- If you’re already on Squarespace or WordPress and want to stay there, that’s not a problem at all. However, if you’re just starting out, it’s better to set yourself a functional foundation. I’m totally happy to chat about the ‘why’ on a call.
There are so many platforms out there that it’s impossible to know every single one. But there are some (even popular ones) that really won’t serve your business well. What I mean by that, is they’re either incredibly rigid with design, or they don’t allow for adequate SEO.
Square is a fantastic payment platform that we can integrate with your website, but it is not the place to build your website. Similarly, Pixiset is fabulous for sending galleries and it does help photographers get a quick website together when they’re starting out. But it’s very limited if you want to get found on Google or stand out from your competition.
People often wonder about Shopify. In my experience, Wix’s eCommerce functions are just as good, cost you less, and give you better design capacity in the process. I can work there if you are already on Shopify.
Literally everything you need for your business’s website is set out in your proposal. I know you need a website that is professional, feels like you, and works seamlessly for your clients. But what one person needs is different to what the next person needs, which is why I quote by the project.
There are a few different costs involved in building a website for your small business. I’ll walk you through each of these in more detail when we chat, but here’s an overview:
- The cost of your domain (your www. address .com .au) – this is an annual cost and sits around $25, payable to your provider. If you add a professional email (hello@address .com .au) you’ll pay slightly more but this will set you up well for professionalism and email marketing down the track.
- Web hosting fees – these vary quite a lot and are paid to the website host or platform. They’re usually listed monthly, but have to be paid up front for the year. Usually you’ll get a discount by paying for a year or two up front, but fees thereafter are full price. Expect to pay a few hundred dollars a year to keep your website on the internet.
- Web design fees – this is the fee for my time and expertise in making your website for you. What you need is going to be different to what the next business needs, which is why I quote each and every project to make sure it covers what you need.
Your website serves your business 24/7 by attracting clients, answering questions, and converting the sale for you. Even if you paid someone minimum wage to do that, you’d be up for $203,000 a year!
Don’t scrape the bottom of the barrel with the way you serve your clients.
In the 2nd half of 2023, websites for service-based businesses start at $3500. For product and course-based businesses, from $4000. Naturally, the more products, the higher the cost. Remember, that cost INCLUDES your web design, copy, and SEO, as well as 3 months of support as you learn the ropes of your website.
The best way to know exactly what yours will cost is to ask for a small business website package tailored to you. All that takes is a free call and proposal, which will lock in that price to start your project within the next 3 months.
The website of your dreams could be up and running in no time at all!
- Send me a message for a complimentary discovery call and website proposal.
- Book your start date, then follow your checklist to make sure you’ve got everything ready for me to start.
- Two rounds of revisions are included, to make sure your website is just right!
- Free ongoing support for 3 months as you learn the ropes of your new website.